4:30 AM---we have to stop meeting like this.

Twice since Spring Break started I have been awake to see 4:30 AM. And then I haven't slept much...I think this needs to change. Don't get me wrong. It was totally worth it both times, but my body is beginning to think I am going insane...and my brain is starting to agree.

At least tonight I should get to bed at a semi-decent hour. I am excited to be making my first full meal out of Mastering the Art of French Cooking tonight. I will be making swiss cheese quiche, chicken breasts with fragrant veggies and cream, and cherry flan for dessert. It should be very fun because I will be enjoying the lovely company of L and K. Then we are going to watch the season finale of White Collar.

Then I'm going to come home and crash.

I have gotten a few things done today, though. I am doing laundry...and I have done a little cleaning...and I made a list of everything I have to do...and I had quiet time...and I showered...and I had breakfast with friends at 6 this morning...

I kind of feel like this is a repeat of Spring Break last year except with different people. Late nights, good times, lots of bonding, seeing each other every day, and withdrawal from not being together. A friend asked last night (or early this morning rather) why we were hanging out with them. Let me explain: there is a couple year age difference between me and most of them. My friend didn't understand why I would want to hang out with them because of this.

The question made me stop and think seriously about it for a minute. Why do I hang out with the people that I hang out with? I'm not sure I have a complete answer to that...because well, let's face it, I haven't really thought about it when my brain was completely coherent and functioning.

I think part of the reason is that I enjoy their company. They are fun people who are always looking for something fun to do. They also have factors in common with me. We all go to the same coffeeshop, we enjoy similar interests. And they are the kind of people that you can stay up talking to until 4:30 in the morning.

Something about the person in particular who asked me that is that we are both social people. I love being around social people because I am a social person. I firmly believe that I have to marry a social person because I am a social person.

Well, my brain is too tired to keep thinking about all of this.

I have been reading in Philippians 3 for several days, and I think it is one of my favorite passages of scripture. It challenges me and encourages me every single time I read it. That's another blog post, though.

Peace out yo!

1234 - Feist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!