cloudy moments


Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.


A Montana Storm

When I went to the bank today, this quote was on a post-it note in the teller's work space. I liked it so much that I wrote it down. I think I often get caught up in trying to weather the storms that life throws my way. I think my focus is misplaced. Just like this quote says, I shouldn't be looking at the great clouds and boarding up the windows to wait for it to blow over.

I should rejoice in the moment (for all too soon it will be over) and I should find my feet and dance away. I'm not sure I have ever blogged about this before...but I am not a great dancer...in fact, I am not even a good dancer. And I am very self-conscious about my dancing. I hope to someday be a good dancer, and yet, like most things in life, I will never get there if I don't practice.


Later:
Right now all my mind wants to think about is not my empirical model for my research. I swear this research class is like pulling teeth. Especially when I have much more interesting things to think about. I talked to the parental units (again after giving them time to think), and they basically said what I thought they were going to say about NZ--therefore, as long as the people I'm planning to visit are up for it, I am going!!! I'm so excited!!

I'm listening to a guy playing the ukulele, and drinking some decaf tea. I decided today that I need to cut back on my caffeine intake, so I'm going to switch from coffee to decaf tea whenever possible.

I went for an evening run tonight. I needed to clear my mind and there's nothing quite like a short run and some fresh air to accomplish that goal. I finished to the sun setting before my eyes...at 7:30 which means Spring is officially here. What a delightful ending to this day.

Well, as much as I hate to, I really should start working on my research....

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!