...but Joy comes in the Morning

One of the blogs I follow is a photography blog which K put me onto. Not only does she take lovely pictures, but she also offers challenges for those who are photographically inclined. You can find her blog here: thymely thoughts

Well, her latest challenge is about breakfast. I know that some of my friends don't enjoy breakfast...or morning, but I actually do. Morning is the loveliest part of the day for me. The world is waking up and the light is just different in the morning. Breakfast this morning was particularly enjoyable for me.

raisin and wheat muffin
blueberry yogurt
green tea with jasmine and a hint of honey
an inspiring quote along the way

this was my favorite shot
but here are a few more just because

some food for thought to go with my breakfast
Psalm 30:4,5

this mug could make even the gloomiest person happy

My whole breakfast...Yum :)

I made the muffins yesterday from a recipe that I got off the back of a box of hot cereal. It was Hodgson Mill Cracked Wheat Cereal.

Raisin & Wheat Muffins
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. Hodgson Mill Cracked Wheat Cereal
2/3 c. raisins
1-1/2 c. unbleached white flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners. In a small sauce pan over medium heat bring water and Cracked Wheat Cereal to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in raisins and let them soften in the cereal 3 minutes. In a large bowl, blend together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together eggs, milk, vegetable oil and cooked cereal with raisins. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients mixing until just blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack. Yields: 12 muffins.

I altered the recipe somewhat by using 1-3/4 c. whole wheat flour and 1/2 c. unbleached white flour, honey instead of sugar, and unsweetened applesauce instead of vegetable oil.

And just because I'm obsessed with Train, and this fits the theme of breakfast, and the summer feel of my mood, here's a song for you as well. :)

Breakfast In Bed - Train

Comments

  1. that looks so scrumptious! lovely pictures, I'm so excited to share them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw your breakfast image on michelle's blog, and it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

moving