filtration methods

Most times I have a filter in between my brain and my mouth. It keeps me from saying things that probably shouldn't be said, and it keeps me out of trouble. Depending on how comfortable I feel around you depends on the level that I filter my conversation. Trust me, you are glad that I filter.

Anyway...this has been a crazy weekend...part of the reason I haven't blogged in so long. It's hard to believe that it is already May 3!! I graduate in 11 days...so exciting!!! I can't believe that college graduation is finally upon me...it seems like just yesterday I was an insecure freshman trying to make friends and find a place where I fit.

And here I am four years later (which trust me was a mere blink of the eye) confident, sassy, and belonging.

I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster for the last several days. There have been so many ups and downs, and me trying not to place too much emphasis on my heart probably hasn't helped matters any. But I feel like God and I are figuring somethings out.

Music always hits me right in the soul...and I have had a lot of it in the last couple of days. My fabulous friend Lee Ellen performed two days in a row. Some more of my friends played at PoHo the other night. And tonight was a parting dinner with the crew (the original crew) filled with good food, good times, and a wonderful jam out session. These moments are bittersweet for me. The knowledge that this probably won't happen with these friends again is saddening. Yet I cannot help but enjoy the time we have together.

Endings are so bittersweet in general. And I have a lot of them coming up. Even though I will still be in the same town and going to the same school--things will still be different.

Tomorrow (well, I guess today) is my last GAL meeting. After three years of every other Monday night meetings...it will be odd. Not to mention that I will miss these girls a lot. I will still probably hang out with a lot of them, but it won't be the same.

Graduation will be a killer...friends leaving and graduating...then other friends leaving, although not permanently.

I'm sure none of this blog actually makes sense...I am excessively tired, and I need to go to bed.

Peace out yo!

Comments

  1. i am glad you are unfiltered around me :) it makes my life oodles better!

    and though you are doing a whole lot of good-byes (sucky!) some are only for a little while (the Crew boys) and i'm sticking around for way ever! ♥

    layers and layers of love...teehee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!