Called Beauty

I'm listening to Pandora right now, and the song that is on is Love Song. I'm not sure what exactly that has to do with my life at the moment, but thought I would share it with you all.

In fact, I feel rather at a loss as to what I should say as I sit here eating sweet potatoes. I had a lovely run with my roommate, B, today. We both decided that it is much more fun to run with someone than to run outside alone...not to mention smarter as our neighborhood isn't the greatest.

Running feels so awesome now. I am getting new running shoes tomorrow, and I'm really excited about them. The lady at the store let me go out on the sidewalk and run back and forth to test them out when I went today to look, and they just felt really amazing.

Switching Subjects...

I have never really had many guy friends. I'm not sure why. I think part of it had to do with the fact that for a while I was really scared of men in general. Then I went through a men disliking period (I refuse to say I was a man-hater because that is just so strong). And then I realized that the only guys that I really had friendships with were guys that I liked, and as soon as I stopped liking them, I just sort of stopped being friends with them.

Over the past year, though, God has just blessed me so incredibly with amazing guy friends, and the best part is...I don't like any of them. That may sound like an odd statement, but I am happy with things the way they are now. I don't want a boyfriend at this point in my life. I don't have time to make time to have a boyfriend at this point in my life. And while I am glad that I don't have that kind of time commitment at this point, I am still glad that I have all these boys in my life because they bring an element to life that is just missing when they aren't there.

This might sound kind of odd, but guys just have something about them that increases my utility (for non-econ people that is happiness). Having guys around makes me feel more protected. They bring strength and often times laughter. I find that I am somehow more at peace when they are around, so I am glad that God has chosen at this time in my life to put all these awesome young men in my life.

Well, my econ homework is calling to me, and so is my bed...before I peace out...check out Called Beauty by Jenny and Tyler...my friend, H, played it for me two weeks ago, and it speaks to me a lot.

Comments

  1. we do have some pretty amazing guys that God lets us hang out with! =) didn't think about it that way before, you are basically awesome. thanks for the heart sharage! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I was just thinking of that song. They have a new CD coming out. I ordered it already.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

learning to savor

Thin Mint Cookies and French Press