Driving Like You Mean It

My friend, K, told me something that completely made my day. Our friends, J and L, told her that I drive my car like I know how to drive. I love my car, and that is possibly one of the best compliments I have ever gotten, especially since it came from 2 boys who I respect and admire. They appreciate the fact that I have a stick, and I drive like I mean it. That makes me happy. :) L volunteered that if I ever needed someone to drive my car around, I should let him know, but after the past year and a conversation I had with K once, I have decided not to let a man drive my car until he has made some kind of commitment to me...like perhaps a ring? I didn't tell him that...I just laughed.

I had the most amazing relaxing week ever...it was super nice. And I got a tan!!! I basically just laid on the beach and did nothing all week long. It was exactly what I needed, and it was an incredible time with God. He showed me some amazing things, not the least of which is that He loves to delight over us when we just celebrate being alive. How awesome is that?! Don't believe me...look it up...Deuteronomy 14:22-26

I serve a truly awesome God!!!

I am a little worried about my running. My ankle started hurting almost two weeks ago, and it has been swollen for about the last week. Yesterday morning it wasn't swollen when I woke up, so I went for a run on the beach just because I wanted to run on the beach one time. It was a short run, but almost as soon as I started running, it started hurting, and was swollen again when I got done. The swelling has gone down again, and I am going to have a friend look at it hopefully tomorrow, but I am not going to run on it again for a couple of days. With the half marathon coming up soon, I am worried about being ready for it.

However, this is where trust comes in. I believe that God asked me to do this, so I know that He will come through for me. He will give me the strength, and He will never let me down. In fact He will go above and beyond anything I can ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20). I am learning a lot about trusting Him and trusting others.

Also an amazing verse for pondering: "All the earth worships You; they sing praises to You, sing praises to Your Name." Psalm 66:4

Song of the week for K and M: Belly Danza...thanks L

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!