"If I run to you"

I ran 4 miles outside this morning. Don't ask me how - I don't know. I have never ran 4 miles all together in my entire life. All I know is that is what God asks me to do, so I run to Him and for Him, and He is faithful to meet me in that. He gives me strength when I don't think I can keep going.

And when I run, He almost always gives me wonderful insights to life. This morning I was running, and the morning chorus was going in full swing, and I was wondering what birds say to each other when they sing. As I ran and pondered on this, God gave me an interesting thought about that.

All of creation sings praises to God. This is a statement that is made fairly regularly in the Bible. Birds and trees and mountains and flowers, all give praise and glory to God with all that is in them. They have pure and simple worship for their Creator. I imagine if we could understand birds they would be having the most delightful conversation about how wonderful and marvelous and glorious God is.

I was thinking at this point that I was sounding a little bit crazy, and then I stated thinking about people trying to teach gorillas or monkeys or apes to talk, and I was struck by how wrong this is. I firmly believe that whatever is good and glorious and worshipful of God in this world, Satan is out to pervert and destroy in whatever way he can. If we teach animals to talk our language, don't you think it would destroy their pure and simple worship of the One who has created them?

Anyway, so that was an interesting thought process that I had. I loved my run this morning, mostly because I was in the country. I stepped out the door this morning, and I took a deep breath and couldn't help but delight in the lovely scent of the country. The cool breeze on my face, the fresh air, the sun, the soft dirt under my shoes, the birds singing. What could be more lovely?!

Then I got to spend a good part of the day shopping with my mum and just having a good time with her. I got a Mr. Bean movie at Goodwill which makes me really happy!!! =) I got some candles for my room and some new pens. Now my mum is working on making me a dress (or two perhaps), and we are going to have a movie night. Life is Good. God is Good.

Some tunes:
Banana Pancakes :)
Run to You - title song

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!