"I'm not who I was when I took my first step..."

I was listening to this song earlier (If You Want Me To), and it has really just spoken to me over the past several months, especially when I was having struggles with accepting some things that God removed from my life. Today, however, when I was listening to it this line just really stuck out at me.

I am constantly amazed by how much God can change my life if I will just allow Him free reign in my life. As I look back over the last year I am in awe of my Creator and how much He has changed me just in a year - for that matter just in the last 3 months.

What initially sticks out to me is my attitude concerning relationships and my current relationship status. A year ago I liked this boy a lot, and I really thought I was ready to be in a relationship with him. I was also really getting to know one of my really good friends, and she was speaking lots of truth into my life concerning being single.

To make a very long story short, we never ended up getting together, and I see now that that was the best thing that could possibly happen. Still I struggled with a lot of emotional crap over that and over him, but for the most part that is all gone now. I used to think that I was content to be single, and that I was patiently waiting for God to bring a man into my life, but I see now that I really was neither of these things. I wanted a boyfriend, and I wanted him on my timetable, not God's.

I look at my life now, though, and I am amazed at the work God has done in my life. I am still not the most patient person, but I am far better than I used to be. And I am very happy to report that I am perfectly content to be single for as long as God asks me to be. I can wait for as long as I need to because I am waiting on Him, and when I wait on God, I can never grow weary of it.

I am also amazed by how much change I have seen in my life in the last 3 months. I have gone from hating to run to enjoying it, and desiring to do a lot of it. I have developed amazing friendships with some awesome guys, and I have truly discovered that I am OK being alone. I wanted to sing praises at the top of my lungs the night God revealed that to me!!

All that to say "I'm not who I was when I took my first step, and I'm clinging to the promise He's not through with me yet."

Other songs that are speaking to me right now:
"Run to You" by Third Day
"Let Go" by Barlow Girl - look it up...it's a good one.

Comments

  1. This is seriously probably the most accurate theme song for my life as a whole. And that is definitely one of my favorite lines. I'm glad it speaks to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!