It's June

I realized when I was running today that it's June which means that my year of purification is almost half over. I also have been realizing more and more that I no longer have a drive to run. I enjoy it, but I no longer really have any motivation for it. Today is the first time I have ran in probably a week. Part of me wonders if the half-marathon was a one shot deal. Kind of like I did that now I'm ready to move onto something else...I don't know for sure...God hasn't told me anything else.

I also was thinking back to running the half, and I realized that two of my friends told me that they knew I was going to make it when I didn't think I would. They saw something in me that I didn't and still don't see. That made me wonder what God sees in me. Sometimes I wish I could catch a glimpse of things through His eyes...to truly see the world as it is.

God has a very different perspective on everything than we do. We only see a little piece of the painting...He sees the entire masterpiece. And He sees things as they truly are. He sees people for who they truly are. One of my favorite examples of this is in the book of Judges where God calls Gideon to save Israel from the Midianites.

"The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, 'The Lord is with you, you mighty warrior.' Gideon answered Him, 'But sir, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His wonderful deeds that our ancestors recounted to us, saying 'Did not the Lord bring us up from Egypt?' But now the Lord has cast us off, and given us into the hand of Midian.' The the Lord turned to him and said, 'Go in this might of yours and deliver Israel from the hand of Midian; I hereby commission you. He responded, 'But sir, how can I deliver Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.' The Lord said to him, 'But I will be with you, and you shall strike down the Midianites, every one of them.'" Judges 6:11-16

God sees people not for who they currently are, but for who they are inside. Gideon was not a mighty warrior, in fact, to put it simply, Gideon was one whimpy dude, but God had placed in him the tools to become a mighty warrior. The key was that God was going to be with him. God placed this in him and then called it forth at the right time.

The more I see of God the more I realize that He enjoys taking things and turning them upside down. He likes taking people who are not mighty warriors and making them the delivers of nations. God loves to surprise us with the unexpected. If you continue reading the story of Gideon, he routes the army of Midian with 300 men. He was not a mighty warrior when God greeted him that way, but because Gideon had a willing heart and a willing spirit, God was able to transform him into a mighty warrior.

God keeps bringing this story back into my life, so I think He is teaching me something through it...although I'm not sure what that is yet.

God has confirmed to both K and I that we are going to St. Croix this summer, so we are just continuing to watch ticket prices for a while. I'm so excited!!

Work has been going so good. I love having several different jobs and the flexibility that that gives me.

Also I love these song by Lauryn Hill:
I Gotta Find Peace of Mind
Rebel
Water

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!