Life: the adventure

Today has been a rather interesting day. I am exhausted, but thankfully with good reason. It was long run day, so 12 miles this week. I walked 2 of them which I wasn't really thrilled about, but I finished, so that was good.

However, the entire time I was running, I had this internal conflict going on that at the very heart was about giving up control of my life. Pretty much I am a control freak...it wouldn't really look like it, but I try very frequently to control my own life. I want things to work out the way I want them to in the timing that I want them to. And when that doesn't happen, it causes me great stress and anxiety.

The conflict was over finances and what I'm going to do when I graduate which is rapidly coming closer. What I am going to be praying for the next 9 months (well the rest of my life really) is the following:

You are good.

Your plan is perfect.

I trust you.

I have no idea what my life after graduation holds. I know what I want it to hold, but I can almost guarantee that what I have pictured in my mind is not what is going to happen. I know the above three statements are true, but I'm not sure I believe them in my heart, so I am going to also be praying that God would move the reality of these statements from my head to my heart.

What would my life look like if I truly believed these things?

What if I actually believed that God is good?

What if I really believed that His plan is perfect?

What if I truly trusted Him?

I need to believe these things with my heart, not just with my head.

Anyway...moving on. I have discovered that although I have a very deep love for shoes, I actually prefer to go barefoot...odd.

Well, I need to get some sleep so that I am ready to tackle tomorrow's adventures.

Life is always an adventure...we get to choose whether or not to participate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!