Faith Exercises

I feel like ever since I made the decision to live a life of faith, that I have had none or very little. I do realize that when I made a decision to live a life of faith that God took me up on that and so immediately started to test my faith in order to strengthen it. I kind of feel like it has been stretching my faith (side note: I just typed fiat when I was starting to type faith and it made me laugh a little. hehe), and it's been difficult.

When I was running this morning, I feel like I passed a threshold in my training. 7 miles felt like a warm up. When I got to the turnaround for 14 miles, I felt like I had another mile in me and decided if I was going to go for 15, I might as well do 16. I literally went the extra 2 miles. And it felt amazing!

I just decided that if I would run those two miles, God would meet me in that, and He completely did. He is soooo faithful. This morning was the first morning I felt like I would be able to tackle the marathon. 26.2. That's a long freaking way. But the way I felt this morning was just incredible. I will make it 26.2 because God is who I run for and He will not leave me or forsake me. He is faithful even when I am faithless.

My morning devotional yesterday talked about waiting for God's promises, and said that God will always return to His promises. God is Faithful. It is part of His character. If I would become like Him, I too must be faithful. Faith-Full. Be full of faith.

Step out on that limb and see what God does with it. Take the leap of faith and watch to see how He meets you there. It is an awesome and crazy ride of a lifetime.

At this moment I have no idea what-so-ever what the future holds for me...and I am perfectly content with that. I don't need to know now, but as my lovely friend L reminded me this afternoon, I've got a house to clean...I have things to do and accomplish right now in my life. When those things are done, I will find out what the next step is, but right now that is enough.

I think just as my physical exercises are preparing my body to run 26.2 miles, so my faith exercises are building up my faith and the more I allow Him to do, the more He will do. And I'm excited to see what He is going to do.

Safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!