Giving Thanks

It's hard to believe that it's that time of the year again. Has an entire year gone by already?? It won't be long until we climb into the family car with 4 pies, a cheeseball, some muffins, and minus one sister and head the hour drive over to my aunt and uncle's house for lunch. There will be noisy children, the smell of delicious food - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn (my stomach is rumbling just thinking about it) - and lots of joy and thankfulness.

We have much to be thankful for. My aunt and uncle have 7 grandchildren with 1 on the way - their only unmarried daughter is bringing her boyfriend and his parents to Thanksgiving. My other aunt and uncle have a 2 year old - the most precious 2 year old ever. My family has 2 daughters in college (soon to graduate) and many other things to be thankful for.

And me, I count myself among the blessed. Good friends, amazing family, a wonderful prayer partner, awesome sorority, the world's greatest roommates, a ministry that has every piece of my heart, a relationship with God that I never would have imagined 4 years ago, the blessings are never ending.

Today, as the children run around and the adults chat and we all eat the amazing feast that we have together made, I will be contemplating my blessings, especially those I take for granted.

And I will be thinking back over this last year. So much has changed! In a little over a month, I will be finished with my Esther year (at least I think so). I am different than I used to be...and I'm not really sure if I could say what the change is...maybe a softer heart, a more willing spirit, a deeper love - for God and for others.

That's how vessels are shaped, gradually so that you don't notice the change until the finished product is before you.

Today, on this day of Giving Thanks, I am thankful for many things, but most of all I am thankful for the hands of the Potter - that they are skillful hands that know exactly what He is doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!