cold weather and coffee

There is something about this time of the year that just leads me to introspective thinking...I'm not quite sure what it is. May be the ending of one year, the beginning of another, the writing of the family Christmas letter, reminders of the past...who knows. Whatever it is, I have been in an introspective mood...which is good for writing said Christmas letter...

Christmas letter aside, I have been thinking about change a lot lately. This has been such a year of change for me. Around a year ago, I learned that I was truly alright being alone (and by alone I mean single). What a marvelous day that was...well, it was actually night, a cold night with tons of stars and praise music. It was wonderful.

This has been a year of being content in my own skin. It has been a year of surprises, of beaches, of travel, of heartsickness, of pain, of purification, or refinement, of growth. The list could go on and on. God has done so much in my life this year.

I thought back to high school the other day. I remember my sophomore year one of my classmates remarked after I laughed about something in class that that was the first time he had ever heard me laugh. I had been in the same class with him for four and a half years. That is not the person I am. How I have changed!!

But maybe I haven't changed...maybe I am who I was all along, I just didn't know it then.

Tonight I learned how to close out the register at PoHo...I think that officially makes me staff...at least I like to think so. :)

I am praying about something concerning PoHo, though...I hope that God will continue to confirm it to me, and that next semester I will be able to act out on that idea.

My list of things to do before the end of the semester has dwindled to two things left for which I am grateful. Tomorrow/today I have to finish writing my paper for my English class and I need to buy a gift for the shower on Friday.

Friday is a going away party for a member of the PoHo fam...we will be sad to see J leave...and we pray he will return someday.

Until next time...peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!