enJOYment

I was thinking a lot today about things that I enjoy. These are just a few that I recognized today.

Making adjectives by stringing words together. For instance: It was a sit-on-the-front-porch-swing-sipping-sweet-tea kind of day. That just makes my heart so happy.

Running just because the weather is nice...and then having wonderful side effects of running...such as the fact that I want to eat healthier.

Random conversations with friends. I spoke to a friend today and for a minute thought I was having a conversation with a different friend because of the manner of the conversation. I love people who talk more than I do, and who can go for minutes without taking a breath (this is in moderation, of course, in excess this is not charming, but rather annoying).

I enjoy working on my relationships. I can't even tell you how much pleasure I get out of building and deepening relationships with the people in my life. I love to analyze my relationships and figure out what I can do to make them better.

Coconut scented lotion. Yep...I get so much random delight from smelling coconut.

Using a person's full name when talking to or about them. This only works for some people, though. But I get great enjoyment out of calling people by their full name. Some how I think it helps me to feel like I am more fully addressing all of someone. It's almost like if I left a name out I would be leaving part of them out.

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!