Friends

For the second time in my life I have accomplished a Lord of The Rings Extended Version marathon. Some of my friends don't like LOTR, some do, and that's fine with me. I won't ever tell anyone what to like or not like. Four of my friends and I had this marathon as a kick off to Spring Break. It was very fun. Lots of good memories and lots of tired, slap-happy comments. Lots of bonding.

That's kind of what this post is about. The ending of LOTR gets me every single time, and there are always tears involved. I was thinking about that as I was crying while the last scenes unfolded, scenes I have seen a hundred times before. Why is it that I cannot help but cry even though I already know what is going to happen.

I thought about saying good-bye to my friends, and suddenly I knew. At the end of the third movie, the fellowship ends. They are separated, never to be reunited. There isn't a see you later or a I'll be back to visit in a couple years. Nope. It is good-bye--forever. Even as I type that my heart cries. I think I were never to see my friends again, my heart would break.

Death doesn't bother me much because I know that I will see them again. But that's not what is shown in those last scenes. They will never see each other again. And yet it is what has to happen. There is no other way for it to end.

Anyway...another note about friends. Sam and Frodo are true friends. I loved watching as they struggle with accepting each other and the decisions that each other makes and still respecting each other. One of the best things I have heard about love lately is that when you love someone you to have love all of them, not just the parts of them that you like. That is shown in Sam and Frodo's friendship.

Now if I could only live my life that way. Loving people completely. I'm so glad that God isn't done with me.

Peace out yo! And appreciate your friends today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!