a reason, a season, a lifetime

There is a saying that talks about the friends we have in our lives. It says that people come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

The people who are there for a reason are there for a specific reason. They teach you something or help you through a specific time in your life, etc. Then for no reason whatsoever they are just gone. You no longer have a purpose for them to be in your life, so they aren't.

The people who are there for a season are there to help you grow or share or learn. They are only there for a season, though.

Then there are the lifetime people. These people are people who are in your life for life. They are people who have lifetime lessons to teach you. They are people who cannot not be in your life.

I think that I subconsciously think that all of my friendships fall into the first two categories. I am worried that I am only a person in someone's life for a reason or a season. I don't want to be that person. I don't want to accomplish a purpose in someone's life and then disappear out of it.

So what made me think of this today...well, my friend K might have had a dream/vision about our lives. In said dream we started up a Potter's House in Cali, and I married a beautiful Latino man, and then I disappeared out of her life. Yeah...that sucks. I told her that if it did happen to be a vision and did happen to come true that I would not leave.

I have decided today that I will have lasting friendships. It isn't an option to me any more to build deep friendships and then not continue them. So my friends, breath easy, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon...

Peace out yo!

Comments

  1. i am so incredibly glad that we are lifetime friends.

    and if you ever have to move to mexico cause of your latino husband...we'll i'm sure we can start a potter's house down there as well. teehee

    loves!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!