something beautiful

I feel like I am constantly on the look out for beauty in life. Granted, there are days when I wake up and I definitely don't want to look for the beauty in life, but for the most part, I try to find beauty in all circumstances.

There is beauty to be found in the love of parents for their children and vice versa. There is beauty in the joy of the company a good friend provides. There is beauty in the peace that is found when your heart finds a home. There is beauty in quiet moments that don't mean anything to anyone but me (you know those moments...the ones that touch your heart and give you the warmth of summer in the middle of winter).

I had a beautiful moment last night. I was sitting listening to a musician play the guitar and feeling the safe blanket of home and love and peace surround me. I was looking at pictures of people from far lands that I someday hope to explore. I was just overwhelmed by how so many people come together to make a little house a home. We each leave our own little touch and together it becomes something beautiful.

At that moment my heart was at rest--a peace that I don't understand surrounded and encompassed me, peace that only comes in the presence of my Beloved, the fairest among ten thousand.

Saltwater Room - Owl City

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!