Yogging--in the rain

I have the initial approval from mis padres to continue with my plans to go to New Zealand. This song kind of epitomizes how I feel right now.

Far Away - Ingrid Michaelson

I checked out two guidebooks from the library today about New Zealand. I am so excited!!


I finished Long Way Down (written and experienced by Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor) sitting in the library today. There's nothing quite like finishing a book about travels to a far away place. It makes you want to go have another adventure. I
just spent the past three weeks journeying through Europe and Africa on the back of a motorcycle.

I felt the sweltering heat of the desert. I saw the pain of a landmine-wrecked village in the Ethiopian highlands. I experienced the wonder of Victoria Falls and the thrill of a bungee jump from a bridge in the thundering presence of the falls. I saw the beauty of the sun melting into a pat of butter over the desert followed by the exquisite blue-ness of the African night sky.

And I felt the bittersweet-ness of the end of the journey. I felt the desire to turn around and do it all over again in reverse. I felt the longing to continue and journey on.

I think that's part of what keeps me journeying on to God when times get difficult. It's the thrill of the journey. It's the not knowing what's around the next bend. It's the desire to see where the road goes from here. It's the desire to chase something that matters.

And I can't wait to see what's around the next bend in the road. I'm so glad that my desire for adventure has been able to overcome my unease at change.

There's this little part of me that is excited to see if this is around the next bend...


Castle Point Lighthouse - New Zealand

Peace out yo!

Photo from: http://lighthouses.net.au/nz_lights/Castle%20point.jpg



Comments

  1. hmmm, you definitely need to blog while you are on your fantastical New Zealand trip. almost as good as a book! =]

    ...might stowaway in your suitcase...shhh...

    gonna go listen to that Ingrid pick, loves!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!