sometimes God overwhelms me

Okay, most times God overwhelms me, but you know that occasional quiet time when you are just awestruck and completely humbled and overwhelmed at the same time? I had one of those today. It wasn't like a lightening bolt or a voice from heaven. It was a revelation from the word that just really got me.

I'm reading in Matthew right now, and I'm reading about the birth of Jesus. Well, I've gotten to the part about the Magi, and they have always fascinated me. There's just something about these men who traveled for an incredibly long distance simply to worship a small child because He was worthy of worship and glory and honor that just gets to me every time.

Today as I was reading this chapter, I had a sudden thought. The star that they followed was put in the sky specifically for them. The people of Jerusalem didn't see it. In fact, it would seem that the star disappeared while the wise men were in Jerusalem. Why? Because they stopped to ask for directions. If they could still see the star then why would they have to stop and ask where to find Jesus? Then they see it again when they leave Jerusalem. So why did they have to go through Jerusalem? God easily could have directed them through Jerusalem or around Jerusalem. Instead they had to stop there and cause a scene.

I think it's because the Father wanted everyone to know that His Son had been born, and that He was so worthy of glory and honor and worship that the Father arranged to have people come from far away expressly for that purpose. Now that is some Fatherly pride and delight and joy for you.

With Father's Day coming up in the next month, I think it is interesting to see the perfect Father/Child relationship that is exhibited in the relationship of Jesus with the Father.

Peace and Mercy.

P.S. Obsessed with Train's album Save Me San Francisco right now...check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!