True Beauty

I was working out with K this morning and as the windows of the workout room look out over the pool, I was looking outside. There at the pool were several girls who would be considered beautiful, hot, sexy, whatever adjective you want to throw in there. They had the perfect skin, the perfect hair, and the perfect bikini bodies. And they were cookie cutters. They all looked the same.

I'm not going to lie, as I was running and looking out the window, I couldn't help but be a little tiny bit jealous of their (seeming) perfect-ness. I do believe that I am beautiful, but in my own way. I do not have the bikini body, and I don't get looks and stares and whistles (which I am glad about!!). But there is a small part of a woman's heart that longs to be found attractive and beautiful and lovely.

As I continued to run, I just felt like God told me to look deeper, to look at more than their skin and their sculpted bodies. Beauty does not come from having flawless skin and good hair and the ability to wear a bikini and look good in it. These girls very well might be true beauties, but it isn't because of how they look.

On another note...I am getting ready to put together newsletters to send out from PoHo, and I thought I would read over it before I started. I was just so overwhelmed by one of the articles. It was talking about L who leads the Authentic Manhood study with S. He talked about how the first year they had the study it was very small and discouraging, but this second year has been the opposite. They have seen termendous growth in the size of the group.

That's where I was just so overwhelmed...I might have shed a few tears...because that is such a huge answer to prayer. When you pray about something for years and years and years and then you see a small glimer of hope that is so encouraging and moving. I have been praying (along with several other women) for many years that God would raise up men who love Him with their whole hearts, who are on fire for Him, who will speak God's name with great boldness and be sold out for Him. Now there is a group of young men who are striving after that specific purpose. What joy overflows my soul at that revelation.

God is always working and moving (I think that is especially true of when we can't see it). Never give up hope for it is always darkest before the dawn.

Peace out yo!

Comments

  1. true dat.
    and we will get men that understand the real definition of beauty. promise. and so does God.

    PS besides they're all gonna end up in the hospital for skin cancer or anorexia. or both.
    no medical bills for us - booyah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!