i'm still a dreamer

A friend and I were chatting the other night, catching up on life and all that. I ended up launching into a rather long story to explain why I was feeling the way I was. At one point my friend said that I am very self-sufficient person in regard to not needing to be in a relationship and being content with myself.

That made me pause and consider for a moment because I definitely do not see myself as being self-sufficient. I do see what was meant by the statement, though. I can see how someone would think that I am very self-sufficient, but I know better. I am not self-sufficient. I am completely and totally dependent on Jesus. There is no way that I could be okay with being alone if He weren't with me every second of every day.

The only way I am able to be content with being single when I so deeply desire to get married is that God is with me. I have confidence before God, and He is the greatest desire of my heart.

"One thing I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple...I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; e strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 27:4,13,14

"Whom have I in Heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." - Psalm 73:25,26

I am strong because of His strength. I am content because of His presence. I am confident because of His faithfulness. I am at peace because of His Spirit. I am waiting because He is God. I seek to become more and more like Jesus, the most dependent man ever to live because He was completely dependent upon the Father. Oh, that I would ever be more and more dependent and less and less self-sufficient.
At a dear friend's wedding this past weekend.

The Redeemer - Sanctus Real

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!