old haunts

Remember those places where you used to play as a child. The places that are filled with memories of long summer afternoons and the crazy dreams of childhood. Here are a few of mine.

The Old Red Barn

This barn's lean to was our play spot for a while...before the wasps and hornets managed to run us off. It had a dirt floor and was next to the old windmill. We liked it because it was a little bit of a secret because it was hidden from view by the tree row.

Tree House Lodging

the leftover pieces of childhood gone by

I don't remember how many hours my sister and I spent up that tree playing house or whatever other story we could dream up, but it was a lot of hours. The branches of the tree just always seemed to call to us to climb and enjoy.

I remember sitting on the park bench my mom put under this tree and shucking sweet corn in the summer because it was cooler outside than it was in the house.

Such wonderful memories from childhood. I love that my parents still live where I lived when I was little, so I can go back and remember all the little things I would forget otherwise.

Peace and Mercy.

Comments

  1. aw, how lovely!
    i just came across your blog from my friend michelle's! (thymely thoughts)

    robynmichellelee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robyn!! I really enjoy your blog...you take such lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!