stand up when I can't

Seven Deadly Sins.

I never really think about these sins...in fact, I can't even name them all. Anger, Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth...yep that's all the ones I can remember right now.

I tend to be much more focused on living my life as a redeemed person, instead of thinking about my sin. This is true of most people. We don't want to think of ourselves as sinners, and if we do, then we excuse our sin by saying we are only human.

So why am I thinking about it now. Because I'm reading the book Seven Deadly Sins for summertime Bible study at Potter's. This morning I read the chapter on Anger. I love gaining new perspective on something I just take at face value. I love when something makes me think and really examine what I believe or currently think.

The book is just really good, but this is what I took away from it this morning about anger. What is it that makes you angry? Be angry about it...and take that anger to God. Ask what He wants you to do about the anger you feel.

Anger is not the sin. Jesus was angry, but He didn't sin. Instead He took His anger to the Father and out of that anger he met the great needs of the people surrounding Him. Ultimately I would say that it was Jesus' anger about sin that lead Him to die on a cross. He was angry about the condition of the world, and the Father asked Him to sacrifice His life, and He did.

So what makes you angry?

Peace out yo!

Lead Me - Sanctus Real

Comments

  1. love, Love, LOVE the new background! ♥ it looks like you. beautiful!

    lovely thoughts, challenging and inspiring all at once. the best! hmmm, not a lot makes me angry as i go about life, but some things make me angry ALL the time, ya know?
    like, domestic abuse and people with a warped sense of entitlement and preventable deaths by starvation and disease...those sorts of thing make me furious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angry? yes.
    Why? Me.
    I get caught up in what I can't do, or haven't done, or look like a fool doing, and get angry at myself for being less.

    I remember the first time I heard "Lead Me"... pretty sure I almost cried. I hope I can never sing that song once I'm married. ..because then I would be angry..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!