leaving on a jet plane

Today's the day...I will be starting my great adventure. I realized yesterday that this will be my first time traveling out of the country without being with a group. This revelation caused a thrill of excitement as well as fear in equal proportions to course through my being.

Part of me is glad and excited for this chance to travel on my own. The other part of me is excited that after traveling for 2-3 days I will be meeting up with some good friends and will have a travel companion.

Excitement, fear, and above all peace are the feelings of my heart right now. The list of things to do before leaving is gradually dwindling and soon will not matter. Trying to remember all the last minute things I need to pack and take with me is more important now.

passport - check
ticket - check
camera - check
backpack - check
adventuring spirit - double check

I think I'm ready!! Well...after I finish the last ten things that I need to do...speaking of which I should get to them...

A lovely tune to remind us of what's important in life:
Simple Things - Paolo Nutini

Peace out yo!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!