i know that it's a wonderful world

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. If ever there was a true maxim I think this is it. I generally suck at long distance relationships because I am a serious quality time person. If I don't hang out with you, I tend to begin to question our friendship. Don't get me wrong, I try very hard to maintain relationships over a long distance, but it is really difficult for me.

I was thinking about this because I have friends who are in different countries, or will be moving to different countries soon, and I was realizing how much I miss (or will miss) them. If it were up to me, I would be surrounded by those I love all the time. People wouldn't have to move away whether for a short time or forever. Life would constantly be lived out walking side by side with those I love most.

However, when I was thinking about this, God gave me a metaphor. (I love metaphors by the way.) Long distance relationships are a picture of our relationship with Him. Yes, I spend time with God every day and yes, I talk to Him every day. BUT I don't live in His presence continually. I don't physically get to be in His throne room constantly. I long for the day when we will be reunited and live forever together. I long for the face-to-face meeting that is coming nearer every day. Just like I long for the reunion with my friends who are right now far away.

I know part of my heart will never be complete until that day when I at last stand before my Love and my Lord. Until that day I will wait in anticipation of all that is to come.

Wonderful World - James Morrison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!