random bits of sunshine

I love finding random bits of sunshine in life--those little moments that bring a smile to your face and give you a tiny glimpse of something more than just day to day life. Today, for instance, I have had several little moments like that.

While I was at work serving lunch today, a guy in line randomly asked me how he knew me. I didn't recognize him at first...but after he told me his name, I knew where I knew him from. He was one of my students when I was an Supplemental Instruction Leader in economics. It was funny because as soon as I heard his name, my brain immediately went to his file and recalled almost everything I knew about him. I always enjoyed him as a student because he was actually interested in doing well, and he grasped the material. That was a ray of sunshine.

I decided on my way to Potter's after I got off work, that I wanted to get lunch from Panera. It was one of the most delightful ordering experiences I've had there in a long time. My cashier even told me a nerdy joke (my favorite kind of jokes) while my receipt was printing.

Scene: two molecules are walking down the street
Molecule 1: I think I lost an electron.
Molecule 2: Are you sure?
Molecule 1: Yep, I'm positive.

hahahahahahaha cheesiness and nerdiness in the same joke...does it get any better? ;)

Those are the moments when I realize that there is more to life than the day to day living, and it makes me happy.

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
" - Psalm 84:11

God is the sunshine that peeks through my life in random places reminding me that He is still there.

Peace and Mercy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!