rest for the weary

Tired doesn't really seem to be the word to describe how I feel right now...maybe drained is better, but that doesn't even seem to fit that well. I am peaceful. I am filled and satisfied.

Yet, I am exhausted. I feel it in my limbs...as if they are heavy with a heaviness that I cannot shake. I think maybe weariness is the best word. I am weary. I need rest. I'm glad that I have One to go to who is able to give rest.

"Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

I had lunch with a dear friend today who is leaving the country for a couple of years. She is going home. It was the best kind of lunch...unrushed, unhurried, just dwelling with each other for a little while. We took our time and caught up and encouraged each other. We talked about the different ways God was leading us, about His abundant goodness, and about the amazing way He provides in the bleakest situations.

And we talked about how much we love having our daily time with the Lord. It is a shared passion that draws us close and encourages us about each other. It is so encouraging to find someone who sees the importance of that daily time and practices it as well. It blesses my heart and shows me that there are others who believe as I do.

It reminded me of how important it is to have that time because it's not about today or tomorrow or next week. Having my daily time with God is about ten years from now. I am sowing into the Secret Place because I want to reap the rewards of that in ten, twenty, forty years. I want the richness that day after day, week after week, year after year of sitting with God will bring.

As my friend at lunch so aptly stated, when someone's the love of your life you want to spend day after day with them. I have found the Love of my life, and I can't imagine not wanting to spend every day in His presence simply because I love Him.

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!