an update

It's been a while since I blogged last...I have been just a trifle busy. My weekend was insane, and I wanted to just stay in bed all day today. However, I knew that wouldn't be a very wise use of my time today, so I slept in an hour late and then got up...I'd say that's a good compromise.

So the reason my weekend was so crazy...I GOT A JOB!!! :) And on my first day of work (on Saturday), I worked a 12.5 hour shift. Yeah...it was pretty much exhausting, but sooooo good. I am working at a pie store and also a catering company because they are owned by the same person, so I'm kind of just filling in where they need me at right now. However, I think I'm going to be trained to work more at the pie store.

I'm so excited. I love my job so far. I love the way that my employers have already made me feel like a valuable person, and the way they have just been so positive. I love working for a local business. Basically I am incredibly blessed. It is so nice after being essentially unemployed for 5 months to finally have a job. I think I have learned a lot in those 5 months, and I know that I probably didn't need a job for those months. It was nice to rest, but it is also nice to work, to have useful labor. I don't think I could be a beach bum for the rest of my life...I would go insane.

Work filled Saturday, but it also had other delights. I made a new friend. I got to share the word about the TOMS Style Your Sole event happening tonight at The Potter's House. I had a delicious piece of pecan pie. I had a piece of delicious wedding cake...yum! I had a late night chat with a dear friend over a plate of cheese fries.

Sunday was a day for rest. Movies were watched, and take away Chinese was consumed. Fellowship was experienced with friends from church, and chocolate chip cookie dough was shared with glasses of wine and much laughter. My roommate was designing a t-shirt for The Potter's House, so I got to see the ideas she was developing. Then we had mugs of hot tea before we went to sleep.

I have so much I want to do today, and yet I feel like doing nothing. There are new recipes I want to try, and people I want to visit, and projects I want to finish. I hate this struggle. I need to just get started and then they will all happen, but the problem is getting started.

Step 1: get off my computer...

happening now.

Peace out yo!

Comments

  1. hallelujah for jobs! (some of them, anyways...)

    and sunday was super chill-definitely needed that in my life as of late. love much ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!