white shirts and happiness

I was sitting in the backyard the other morning, and I was looking at one of the trees in our backyard. It has lost most of its leaves, and I was a little depressed because that means winter is just around the corner...yuck. I was sitting there when God's still small voice started speaking to me about that tree.

During the Spring and Summer the tree spends most of its energy on keeping its leaves green. If it had leaves all year long it would never have time to work on other things like growing and deepening its roots. It is during the winter when you have growth. That made me a little more receptive about winter, but I'm still not thrilled about the concept.

You know how sometimes God surprises you with a little thing that isn't really a big deal, but it's just a little something that makes you happy? Well, I had one of those moments recently. I love white shirts. I am instinctively attracted to them when I am shopping, and I wear them frequently. However, I constantly have to tell myself that I cannot buy another white shirt.

Until now...because my work uniform is blue jeans and a white shirt. Happiness! :) I am really looking forward to getting a couple white shirts. Fun!

Peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!