giving thanks

This morning I woke up 2ish hours after I went to sleep. I had a mild freak out because of a nightmarish experience. I woke up an hour later. I slept two more hours. I woke up and was thankful for: electricity so I could have my light on after my freak out, a warm safe house, parents to protect me.

The house was already smelling good when I got up. Breakfast was shared over hot chai lattes -- mine was dirty. I was thankful for a warm house, being out of the wind, good food, dear family.

Hot water gave me a steaming shower. I was thankful for being able to shower in a beautiful bathroom, hot water, coconut scented bath products, towels, a bathroom with walls, privacy.

I made whipped cream for pumpkin pie. I was thankful for having an electric mixer so I didn't have to whip it by hand, delicious pumpkin pie, my job, holidays, days off.

The house filled with many people, big people and little people. There were hugs and kisses and love all around. We shared a meal and our lives. I was thankful for good friends, being able to connect with my family, love.

The turkey caught up to me, and I had a small nap curled up in the big, comfy leather chair. I embroidered my red TOMS with a favorite verse to remind me that the best is yet to come. Warm tile floors met my stockinged feet as the girls sat in the sewing room while jeans were patched and hemmed and wedding plans discussed. I was thankful for the acts of service my mom gives me, the closeness of my family, the new brother I am getting.

My beautiful blue dress was brought out for alterations amidst the talk of wedding plans, and I dreamed of the day when it would be my turn. I was thankful for my beloved out there somewhere, the best parts of my life being yet before me, the excitement that waiting brings, the ache of my heart reminding me that I am made for something more.

A favorite movie was watched reminding me of the first time I saw it with dear friends in a far away place. We shared a bottle of sparkling wine, and I thought of all the good men in my life. I was thankful for good men, for the amazing number of good men in my life, for the way God created us male and female, for God's goodness and wisdom in the way He made us.

The sounds of the house surround me...laundry tumbling in the dryer, Mom making hot chocolate at the stove, the love birds cuddled up in the big leather chair looking at the computer. I am so blessed and so thankful for the many blessing in my life.

give thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!