if i had you

Home again. Sigh. I need another weekend...can I make that happen, please? No, okay well, I'll just settle for another long night's sleep then. Last night I slept for a long time. I could have slept longer, but I made myself get up. I guess I've been a little bit tired lately. Soon I shall have plenty of rest...well, hopefully.

Christmas was lovely. Lots of relaxing and lots of time with mi familia. We played phase 10 and watched funny and sweet movies. We shared our thoughts and insights on Scripture and ate together. We had warm, spiced wine sipped from cheery Christmas mugs and eaten with Lebkuchan, a celebration of our German side.

We had a conversation about the faith that has been shared on both sides of our family, passed down from generation to generation. We talked about how we don't get to decided who we come from, but we do get to decide where our grandchildren will come from. We talked about the legacy that we can establish through a righteous life.

We talked about what love truly is, and how we have such a blinded perspective of Love. We talked about our favorite part of a movie we went to see, and how it was the moment where both characters made a sacrifice for the other out of love. And it was their sacrifice that set them free from the lives they had been living.

I was surrounded by those who I love most in the world except for one, and I am eagerly anticipating the time when I will get to have my own dear one there as well. My heart longs for that day.

In the meantime, I am rejoicing in all the many blessings God has given me. This year more than ever, I am truly aware of how rich I am in God's blessings. I hope you all had a sweet Christmas season!

A friend from work gave me a mixed cd this last week, and I've been greatly enjoying it. Here's a song from it for you.

What I Wouldn't Do - A Fine Frenzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!