taking a step...then another

Never in my life have I ever really understood the value of a day off until I started working all the time. Now I am very aware of how much I need and love my day off. After all the busy-ness of the holidays, I have been craving a day to do nothing. This weekend I was blessed with two such days.

Saturday I slept late, watched movies all day and ordered pizza, and today, I slept late, and then spent hours with my Beloved. It is such a great feeling to know that I don't have to do anything unless I really want to.

I highly contemplated not even leaving my house today, but I think I'm going to run to the grocery to get a few things to make myself a delicious meal tonight. I had thought about going out to eat at a nice place by myself, but I think I will just make dinner and rent a couple of movies that I have been wanting to see.

I am excited for this week, though, so many wonderful things to look forward to. Work will be back to normal after the craziness of the last month and a half. There are a couple of meetings that I am excited about. There will be girl time and discussing of plans for the upcoming semester at my favorite coffeeshop. There is going to be a meeting to discuss a potential future path -- both exciting and a little scary (more on that later this week). There is going to be a fun traditional Scottish dance at the end of the week, and hopefully a few coffee dates mixed in this week.

The first few days of 2011 have been a little rough for me, but I am excited to see what the rest of this year will hold. I know that God has many blessings in store.

Comments

  1. This post made me smile, and I can't put my finger on why (other than the fact that you, yourself, make me smile). But there was something else too. *shrugs* who knows.

    Miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!