take courage

I love when God reminds me of His faithfulness and His power, and most of all I love when He reminds me of His promises. Something deep inside of me gains strength when He reminds me of His promises. I think it goes with Psalm 27:14, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; Wait for the Lord!" I think when God reminds me of His promises it causes my heart to take courage. I begin to believe once more that all things are possible, and I look for God's faithfulness to shine through the clouds.

Running has such a way of reminding me that God is God and it ministers to my walk with Him in such a real way. Something that God told me a long while ago was brought to my mind as I was running this morning. What I remembered is that His faithfulness meets us when we step out in faith. What I mean is that if we would see God meet us in the way that we most need it, we must first step forward and see how He will come through for us when we need it most.

God is out before us, and if we would experience the fullness of His blessings then we must go beyond ourselves into the unknown. That's what Abram did. God called him out of his comfort zone and into the unknown and promised him that he would be blessed for going. Through him all nations were blessed. That's what Ruth did. She followed her bitter mother-in-law back to Bethlehem because she had tasted living water and couldn't get enough. She became one of the lineage of Jesus.

Every day we have the opportunity to step out into the unknown and experience the fullness and blessing of God. The question is will you take courage and step forward?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!