sorry, i'm taken

My heart is in a very interesting place right now. There are many things that I long for that are not part of my life at the moment, at least not in a complete fulfillment of the desires in my heart. Yet each day I wake up and realize that this day is a gift and I cannot squander it. I had an experience when I was 15 that I walked away from with a renewed perspective of how fragile life is. I realized that day that I was alive and on this earth for a reason.

Lately I have been acutely aware of how precious each day is. I'm not sure why exactly, but I just have been. I have thought a little about the future, but mostly I have been very grounded in the present. That might be partly because I literally just have to focus on making it through each day in order to not be overwhelmed by all of life. Whatever it is, I am greatly awakened to living each day for that day and leaving the rest up to God.

Each day that I walk closer to God is a day that my heart becomes more okay with what He wants for me instead of wanting what I want for me. That is not to say that I have disregarded the desires of my heart, but rather that I have prioritized the desires of my heart. He is the most important. Therefore what He wants overrules anything that I want differently from what He wants. I desire Him above all. Even if that means that I have to give up all the other desires of my heart, I will because He is worth it. He has my heart completely, and every day I am more and more assured of that fact.

Comments

  1. I so happy you have such an amazing God to walk through life with that you love so entirely. And I know he WILL grant you the desires of your heart...and Lissa...it's gunna be so perfect. It will be the most perfect of perfects and if it happened now it would only be kinda perfect and slightly sloppy. Jesus is a lot of things...but he's not sloppy when it comes to the heart of his favorite girl in the whole world. You deserve more than a sloppy romance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!