o my soul, faint not

The last few warm days of summer seem to be gone, and I am struck by the suddenness of fall. It seems to have snuck up on me and taken me by surprise. I often feel this way about Spring. After enduring the cold months of winter it seems that I wake up one morning to find the trees abloom and tulips popping up everywhere.

There is only one problem with this. I want to be aware. I want to see the seasons change, to celebrate each one. I want to soak in the goodness and faithfulness of God to bring each season. I want to see the signs that the seasons are changing. I want to welcome each season (even if it isn't my favorite) with open arms and a willingness to Trust God in each season.

So even though I seem to be a couple of weeks late. . .welcome Fall. Welcome season of quietness and reflection and introspection. Welcome shorter days and longer nights. Welcome season of resting and celebrating. May I soak in God's goodness in this season. May I be ever mindful of God's faithfulness to bring each new season.

Faint Not - Jenny & Tyler

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!