the promise of tomorrow

Tomorrow. There is just something about the promise of tomorrow that brings hope and joy to my heart. Tomorrow is a fresh start, a new beginning, a reset button. Every day is fresh with no mistakes in it yet. It is a second chance, a chance to begin anew, a chance to do something new, different, even scary.

Tomorrow morning I will wake up, take a shower, put the last of my things in a bag and get in my car. I will drive several hours and get on a plane that will take me to a connecting flight that will take me far away. When I get off that plane, I will be immersed in a different culture, a different lifestyle, a different place. People will speak a language that I don't speak fluently.

My soul delights that this is my tomorrow. My soul delights that my suitcase is full, not of extra sets of clothing, but of tablecloths and napkins, of pens and pencils, of baby clothes, useful items to give to others. My soul delights in the work that is to come, the way I know I will be physically tired at the end of the days, the way I know I will gradually pick up on the language and customs of the people around me.

I am delighted to be going to a new place, to be awakened to another culture, to glimpse more of God's grandeur and majesty. I am delighted because I know that I will come back changed because whenever you do something that is new you will be changed. That is what I look forward to about tomorrow.

Comments

  1. It sounds like you are going on a mission trip! So amazing! I pray God will use you! Also, I would love to hear all about it on here sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!