Growing

It really is the little things in life that bring quietness to my heart and a smile to my face. The simple joys give me an adequate perspective on what really matters. The quiet moments rise up and meet me in the place of my heart that longs for a quiet, simple life. 

I have been writing a lot lately. I have been thinking deep thoughts and dreaming big dreams. I have been expecting God to show up in my life and in the lives of those around me. I have been experiencing a new dimension of my relationship with God. 

There is a part of me that both loves and hates seasons of struggle. I hate those seasons because they are hard and challenging and too often when I go through those seasons I feel hopeless. But then I also love those seasons because I can feel my roots sinking deeper into the soil of God's Word. I can feel a fierce determination rising up in my heart to overcome. I love seasons of struggle because even more than seasons of feasting they teach me about who I am and Who God Is. 

I am learning to savor in the midst of struggle. I think if I ever fully grasp what that means I will have discovered a powerful tool. I pray that God will teach me what that looks like. In the meantime I will just keep growing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!