cities

I love walking around cities. There is just something about walking a city's streets that makes me feel familiar with a place. I feel like I know the pace of the city, it's "feel", it's sights, it's smells. There is just an intimacy to it, like I know it, yada know it. 

I spent a large part of my day today walking around L.A. It was glorious and sun-soaked, and a little bit cooler than it has been in the last couple of days. I visited a little shop that I had been to before, and I was sad to hear that it won't be there next time I visit. 

I walked for hours, and I remembered other cities that I have walked through, each with it's unique flavor and experience. London with it's Cornish pasties, tea shoppes, pubs, and cool, rainy weather. Paris with it's gravel walks and many bridges. Wellington with it's hills, bustling financial district and ocean views. Dublin with it's colorful doors and greenness. Puebla with it's tortilla and churro shops and signs that I can sort of read. And Los Angeles with it's palm trees, coffee shops, and outdoor dining. 

Every city is a little different, yet they are all similar. Each one has people who are going about their lives, working, grocery shopping, eating out, taking care of their families, and spending time with their friends. We are all linked by every day normal things. 

It is the every day things that remind me that we are all connected. We all share similar desires and hopes and dreams. We are all human. We all have the same longings inside of us. We are all broken. We all need a Savior. That's why Jesus died for all of us.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!