satisfied in little ways

Not all the time, but every once in a while, I get the opportunity to do something I have never done before, but secretly in the back of my head have always wanted to do. I had one such opportunity last night. I threw a dinner party. Now for those of you who know me, this is nothing new or unusual. However, last night was special because of the style of dinner party. It was a served, sit-down meal with seven courses. With the exception of the first course, I made the entire meal. 

I got to make new dishes that I have never made before. I got to try my hand at several new things, as well as throwing in those old tried and true recipes. It was a delightful culinary challenge for me. 

It wasn't until I was sitting down after the meal was over that I realized just how satisfied I was. I was satisfied because I had accomplished this task, but it was more than that. It was that feeling of having looked into the face of something that was challenging and conquering it. 

And that is when I realized just how much I had always wanted to serve a sit-down, multi-course dinner. I was always planning and scheming and dreaming about doing this in junior high and high school, but somewhere along the way, I forgot about it, and it wasn't until I had accomplished this goal, that I realized how much I wanted to do it. 

I love when God gives us the little desires of our hearts that we don't even know are there. When He resurfaces dreams and wishes that have long been hidden beneath layers of busyness and every day cares. I love how intentional God is in everything that He does. There is nothing that escapes His notice and there is nothing that He cannot do. 

On an unrelated note (or maybe it is related), I am going to be starting a job working at a lovely little coffee shop working in the kitchen. It's the little things that bring joy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!