faithful friend

We have all known the bitterness of other people's lack of faithfulness. Whether it's a brother or sister or mom or dad or spouse or boyfriend or girlfriend or just a friend, at some point we have all felt the sting that hints of betrayal by someone who is close to us.

It always hurts to have someone close to you not have your back when you need them. It hurts to have someone you thought would always be there for you not be there for you. It hurts to have someone you trust fail to be faithful.

Betrayal. Faithless. These words seem strong, but that's what it really feels like down in the heart. I hate to sound negative, but if you haven't been there it is only just a matter of time. People will always let you down. I have let people down, and I'm sure caused that stinging hurt of unfaithfulness along the way. And other people have let me down. My heart has been stung more times than I care to recount.

It is in those moments that sting deep down that I have to remember even when other people are faithless, God is still faithful. When my heart is hurting, I turn to the One who is always, always faithful. It doesn't make the hurt any less. The feeling is still there. Nothing changes that.

But even in the midst of that, God is there. He is faithful. And He is good. He is the faithful friend who is closer than a brother or sister. He is the good Father who has the best interests of the children at heart. He is the Comforter who knows the sting of faithlessness and betrayal more than anyone else. And He will always be faithful to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!