learning faithfulness

I have started this blog about ten times. I have decided that I wasn't going to do this about three times. I've really never done anything like this, and why does it really matter what I have to say anyway. Perhaps I am afraid of saying I'm going to do something and not following through (it wouldn't be the first time), but I feel like it's something I'm supposed to do. I feel like it's a challenge I'm supposed to accept. 

Now you are probably wondering what I'm going on about. The challenge: write every day for the month of October. 31 days. You see, I'm not necessarily good at the consistency thing. Which is probably part of the reason I feel like I'm supposed to do this. Consistently writing is something I can improve on. 

So I think I'm supposed to do this, but the real struggle I have been having is what do I write about? I don't want to say something unless I can say something profound, and yet, I have so many things I want to say. I'm caught in a catch 22. I've been toying with a couple of ideas. What I have come back to over and over again is the faithfulness of God, so I am going to attempt to write about God's faithfulness for 31 days. 

My thought for today (which is probably what will sustain me through this month): God is faithful to make us faithful. I am not a faithful person; as much as I try to be, I constantly fail. I don't follow through. I back out of obligations. I give up on things and (sometimes) people. As much as I desire to be faithful, I find myself falling short. 

But my God is faithful to make me faithful. He doesn't give up on me. He doesn't give up on making me into the woman He wants me to be. He is faithful when I'm faithless. His faithfulness doesn't depend upon my faithfulness which is a great relief. His character doesn't change or fail. When I fail, He is steadfast. He is faithful, and He is faithful to make you faithful, and He is faithful to make me faithful. 


So here we go. October, you've been warned. 

If you are interested in joining in, check it out here: 31 Days. You can find all my posts for this by following this link: learning faithfulness. I hope you will stick around, and I hope you will uncover the faithfulness of God who is faithful to make us faithful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!