tears, faithfulness, and communion

Disclaimer: I had planned to post this last night, but I was a little busy watching my KC Royals sweep the Angels, and I didn't quite get it done. Sorry it's a day late. Please forgive me. 

I bawled my eyes out in church this morning. It's world communion Sunday, if you didn't know. A Sunday where all believers take communion on the same Sunday to show unity in the church. 

My pastor this morning gave us lots of time to spend in intercession for our brothers and sisters, especially those who are being persecuted for their faith. Parents who are having to watch their children be martyred for their faith. Children who will never grow up because they refused to deny Jesus. 

My heart broke for these. And I wept for them for a log time. And yet. And yet, somehow in the middle of it all, I know that God is faithful. He is faithful because my tears do not go unseen. He is faithful because my prayers do not go unheard. We expressed his faithfulness in the very act of taking communion. 

To take communion is an act of remembrance of God's faithful provision and salvation. To take communion says that I believe God is faithful. 

I may not see my prayers answered. Tears may continue to fill my eyes, but I know that my God is faithful because He is my Lord and Savior. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!