If you say run, I will run

I am running a half marathon in April. I have a long way to go, but I am running a half marathon for Jesus, so I know that I'm going to make it. He never asks anything of me which He will not give me the strength to carry out. So I ran 3.25 miles this morning. It felt great!! I never would have imagined that this would be my attitude towards running, but there it is. I actually have come to enjoy running - I feel like this somehow makes me a very sick and twisted person, but there it is.

My Saturday has been relaxing and enjoyable, and at the same time I have accomplished a lot. I intended to go to bed early last night...well that turned into 1 AM. And I woke up at 7 AM - on a Saturday. Don't ask me why. Anyway it was good because that gave me time to do everything that I needed to do today.

I made a quilt...my first one in quite a while. I started it on Thursday and finished it today as I watched a movie with my friend, D. I had forgotten how much utility I get out of sewing, so that was a pleasant reminder for me.

Something else that I have recently picked back up that I am gaining utility from is playing my flute. It literally has been years since I played much at all, but I'm starting to think that I should play more.

Tonight is the Potter's House House Party - it should be fantastic, and I'm looking forward to dancing the night away.

In the meanwhile...a song that always speaks to me: Blessed Be Your Name

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!