Thoughts

I'm sitting here at 1:30 AM icing my ankle and just trying to wind down after this evening. You know those times when your mind is just jumping from thought to thought to thought....well that's where I'm at right now. I'm sure if I laid down I could go to sleep as I haven't been getting much lately, so I really don't have trouble sleeping when I get even remotely close to being horizontal, but my mind is so wrapped up that I don't even want to try at this moment.

So some thoughts going on in my mind at this moment. Guys are really great - and I'm really glad I don't have one. They really do bring much laughter and rest to my heart.

Marriage is going to be tough. I'm in a book study with S and B on the book Sacred Marriage. This week the chapter was on how marriage can help you build character. Marriage is not a walk in the park. It is a mountain climbing trip. Yes, there are going to be moments when you will look around you and see many beautiful things and will be in awe at the splendor, but there are also going to be moments when you are going to have a tough part of the mountain to climb. We get to decide if we will embrace those moments and those trials or if we will give up halfway up the mountain.

I caught myself thinking this morning that I'm not even sure marriage is something I desire anymore. My desires are being so completely fulfilled in God, that I am really just at peace and content with my life as it is. I had to work through in my mind again why I want to get married. I am just glad that for now, I am content with where I am. I do still want to get married someday, but that is not right now.

I am super excited about something I get to do on Monday. On my way back down to Springfield, I get to stop on the way and drop off a quilt and give some Jesus love to a woman in her mid-twenties. As this is kind of what I want to do with my life, I am really excited for the experience.

I'm also switching my drivers license on Monday. I don't want to have to renew my dl and switch it at the same time, so I'm going to try to get that done this weekend.

I need to run 2 miles tomorrow morning, so I really should be getting to bed, plus, I think my ankle is about iced enough. Peace out, yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!