Expecting the Unexpected

I like to always be prepared. It's kind of a life goal of sorts. I love that when anyone asks "Do you have..." that I can almost 100% of the time reply "Well, yes, actually I do." I think my actual percentage of preparedness probably lies around 95%.

Yesterday, however, I was not prepared. I thought I was, but I never would have imagined the type of day that I had. I didn't get left when I wanted to. I broke a plate yesterday when I was trying to make myself a sandwich before I left to look for a job.

Then I was on my way to go job hunting, and I got to basically the middle of nowhere and the serpentine belt went out of my car. So there I was on the side of the highway with nothing to do, and waiting for my dad to come rescue me, and there I stayed from about noon until we were finally able to drive my car home at about 6:45 yesterday evening.

It was a very long day. And I was not prepared for it. So long story short, I did not get anything done yesterday that I actually wanted to do, which was frustrating. Oh, except for a quick stop at the bank which was good.

Anyway, now I'm not sure what to do today. I have next to no motivation, and I am super tired despite getting over 7 hours of sleep last night.

On the bright side...it is another beautiful day in the neighborhood, and I know that things are going to work out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!