Fair Week

This is fair week. And it has had one of the most interesting beginnings that I can remember...it rained today and was about 70-80 degrees all day long. Usually fair week is around 100 all week long, so this was a nice beginning.

It downpoured at my house today, and I took a trip to Manhattan this morning...Kansas, not New York. It was a nice morning to do that. I deposited my paycheck and then I went shopping. I picked up groceries to make Moroccan chicken for supper. I had my favorite Chai Tea for breakfast and I got curtains for my room.

I also picked up some painting supplies and I painted this afternoon while I listened to some music from ZHOP. So good!! I am really not much of a painter, but I just felt like painting, so I did. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think I need to add some yellow to it before I'm done, but I want the blue and green to dry first.

I made Moroccan chicken in the crockpot for supper...it was soooo good. I'm going to have to make it again. Thanks to my mom for bringing the receipe home from work. It was so tender and yummy!!

I have been contemplating God's love today. God's love is perfect love. Paul writes in Corinthians that Love is patient. So I've been pondering that. God in His great love for us is patiently delaying His return that more might be reached. He patiently loves us even when we constantly snub Him. He patiently woos us even when we choose to go our own way. How patient He is!!

I pray as Paul prayed in Ephesians that I might come to comprehend the depth and width and length and breadth of God's love which surpasses all understanding. I want to know God. I want to comprehend His love. I want to see Him as He truly is. And then I want to pass that on to others. I want everyone to know Him as He is. I want everyone to understand that He loves them unconditionally. I want people to comprehend how much He loves them. I want to show those things in my life. My deepest desire is that God would be glorified in my life. That I would disappear and that only He would be visible.

I love family discussions around the dinner table about God and spirituallity. I love the new and different ideas that we bounce around off each other. That is something I miss when I'm at school is the family discussions.

Tomorrow I start my second to last week of work at the Brookville Hotel for the summer. Part of me is relieved and part of me is ready to move on.

I'm going to have the house to myself this weekend, so I'm anticipating having lots of good God time even if I do work.

Well, I think that's all for now...peace out yo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!