Garden Fairies

It looks like the garden fairies visited my house. We have a barrel of sweet corn on our front porch and I brought home a bag of zucchini from work. I have successfully finished cleaning another house and gotten a paycheck for it!! :) E told me that I should start a cleaning business which she has already named for me...The Cleaning Connection. Yeah...not sure that's in my future, but for now I appreciate the work.

Tonight I'm going to go see A in the 4-H fashion revue, and I'm looking forward to that...I was thinking back this morning, and the first 4-H fashion revue I went to was 13 years ago. WOW! It should be lots of fun to see what the kids have made and what they are modeling...plus Miss A might get champion or reserve champion.

It's nice to have tomorrow off from all jobs. I might see if C wants help with the kids at fair judging.

I also remembered some of the thoughts I wanted to share yesterday. In church (for the little bit I was able to be there before I had to leave for work) we sang Indescribable and one line just really hit me "Untamable"

I never really thought about that word before, but as I was singing it, I was like what does that even mean. So I started thinking about God being Untamable. If something is untamable, you cannot tame it. Having read Wild At Heart this made a lot of sense to me. We cannot tame God. He is wild and cannot and will not be tamed by us.

I think this is something people just really don't get. We try to water God down. We try to put Him in a box. We try to wrap our minds around Him. We CAN'T!! No matter what we do, God is unfathomable. We cannot even begin to comprehend His depths.

Whenever I think of the word tame it brings to mind the scene from Narnia where Lucy says that Aslan isn't a tame lion, but that he is good. My God is not a tame God, but He is good. He is wild and mysterious and if you let Him will take you on the adventure of a lifetime. My God is Untamable.

Two weeks today until St. Croix!!! I am so excited!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!