Lord, i want to know You!

I am reading the book Prusuit of the Holy, and it is rekindling in me a deep desire to know God. I mean to truly know Him as He is. Something that is repeated over and over in the book is that we all have our own ideas of God and who He is...and mostly they are all wrong.

This is the battleground; what we truly believe in our hearts about God. This is where the enemy stages his greatest warfare. If the enemy wins here, he wins everywhere in our lives. And as the church goes, so goes the world...Satan, the father of lies, has bombarded us with lies about God since we were born. Most of us struggle with false ideas about God's heart for us and lies that question His ability to deliver us.(Pursuit of the Holy, pg. 38)
More and more I realize the truth of what is spoken in Job 36:26 where it says "Behold God is Great, and we do not know Him." I do not know God. In fact, I could seek to know Him my whole life and still not know Him, such is His depth.

But I want to know Him. I want to know Him as He truly is without any of my ideas of who He is getting in the way and distorting my view. It is my prayer that He would break down all the lies that I believe about Him and that He would give me revelation of who He is.

And I firmly believe that the more I know God, the more I will desire to know Him. Also the more I know Him, the more I will come before Him with the realization that I am nothing. I am not worthy of the love and grace He has lavished upon me, but here is the awesomeness of the Glorious God I serve. When I come before Him with the realization that I am nothing, that I am not worthy, He speaks truth over me that I am the Beloved, and He has made me worthy. WOW!

What a mystery God is!! And how greatly I desire to know Him more!!

Here's a little treat...enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!