memories

Today is a day of memories for me. Memories of a year ago. Memories of much longer ago.

A year ago today I discovered what it meant to be desperate for God. A year ago today my whole view of my future changed. A year ago today I had one of the worst days of my life. And a year ago today was the best day of my life because it was the day that I started on an entirely new path in my walk with God. Until that day, I was content in my relationship with God, and then He showed me that our relationship could be so much more. It literally changed my life forever, and now I can never go back. I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good, and now nothing else will ever satisfy me.

I have also been working on a project that is requiring me to go much further back in my life. It is causing me to remember where I have been and what God has taken me through. I am overwhelmed at God's goodness. He is so good. Never ever ever for a second buy into a lie that God is not good and that He is not working for your good. Trust me, even at this very second, God is working and orchestrating things that will not happen for years just to show you His goodness.

Some of these memories are painful for me. I am revisiting a time of my life where I very nearly completely turned my back on God. I never really turned all the way away from Him, but through my actions it was very clear who the god of my life was and it wasn't I AM.

But even in the midst of the pain of these memories, I recognize the goodness of God. And I am in awe of Him. I am in awe of who He is. I am in awe of the healing He brings. I am in awe of the love that He loves with. His very character astounds me. His faithfulness to me in the midst of my unfaithfulness humbles me and leaves me speechless. That He would call me the Beloved just blows my mind.

It is my prayer that I would always give praise to Him with all of my being because He alone is worthy of praise. I want to worship Him with every breath of my lungs and every beat of my heart because He alone is worthy of worship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!