Truth

I started this little ditty probably over a year ago, but I rediscovered it today when I was cleaning out my closet, so I thought I would write it up and finish it. Here goes...

What is truth? Is it truth for you, truth for me? Is it truth that we look for or truth inside of each of us? Is it truth for the individual or truth for a group or truth for everyone? What is truth?

This is what I know is true. I am human therefore I am imperfect. I mess up. I make bad/wrong decisions. I make mistakes. Sometimes I might be right, but I am very often wrong. I am an imperfect fallen woman. I hurt the people around me, and I am hurt by the people around me. I am unhappy, angry, bitter, lustful, tormented, distrustful, mean, cynical and prideful. I am a sinner of the worst kind bound for Hell. These things I know to be true.

This is also true. There is a God. He is the Creator, the Beginning and the End, the Holy One. He is perfect in every way. He never messes up. He is always right. He is slow to anger and abounding in love. He is just and righteous. He is Love. He is strong, mighty, fierce and powerful. He is also beautiful, captivating, caring, and loving. He is all things. He is not tame, but He is good. In Him alone is eternal life, love, joy, peace, and happiness. And He can have nothing to do with my sin for He is Holy. He is separated from me by a chasm so deep and wide it is impossible to cross. This is true.

And here is the shocking truth. This pure, holy God who needs no one so desires to have a relationship with me and with you that He did the only thing that could be done to rectify the situation. He paid the penalty for me and for you. His justice demanded a payment for my sins, and His love sent His very own Son to pay that penalty in my stead.

I now walk in Grace. I am still human. I still make mistakes. I still have issues. But I am now heaven bound, walking closer to God every day because this is true: "I am dark but lovely." Song of Solomon 1:5.

So there is my writing from a while back...just as true now as when I wrote it. I feel like in the last week I have come face to face with the truth of this verse. My heart is aching quite a bit tonight...I'm looking forward to some Jesus time. That's all for now...Safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!